Thursday, January 7, 2010

ChRiStMaS!!!

I don't know how Christmas has already come and gone but it that's exactly what happened. I feel like the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas went by in a flash. I love Christmas but it is always so busy and this year was no exception. Christmas Eve we always spend with my side of the family. We eat way too much food, get new jammies and even get to sit on Santa's lap! Our friends Katie and Jeff started coming a few years ago and bring their 2 adorable kids Bella and Trevor. It is always one of my favorite nights of the year...great food and family! This year, my little brother even brought his girlfriend, Robin, for us to get to know a little more. We stayed up late and then wake up in the morning to exchange gifts and eat breakfast.


After breakfast, we packed up all our stuff and went to Gary and Debbie's house where we ate more breakfast and exchanged more gifts. Then, we hung out with them, Jen and TJ and Debbie's kids for a little while before we went to Grandma's. We spent just a short time with Grandma then head over to Laurie's house for the rest of the day. Once we got to Laurie's, we all turned into little kids again. We open presents and then spent the rest of the day playing with our new toys and lounging around, all the while still in our new jammies. To me, it wouldn't be Christmas if I had to change into normal clothes. We somehow managed to eat dinner even though we were already full of candy but it was definitely worth it. Then we did it all over again a few days later when Stew and Robyn were here. They came up a few days after Christmas and were here for a whole week. I'm just barely starting to feel like life is normal again after all of that! Like I said, I love Christmas but it leaves me worn out!



Here's the big guy at his special visit with my family!

Bella wasn't too sure about having to sit on his lap!


And Robyn looking highly uncomfortable! ;) Now Santa doesn't look very comfortable!

We can't miss Theresa, although I think I missed my mom. Maybe she never did sit on his lap!

Trever wasn't happy either! Don't these kids know that Santa brings presents?

The whole Gamble gang once the kids opened their presents and realized maybe Santa is not so bad.

And one of Sam and his Lady friend!

My dad always seems to miss out on seeing Santa! Every year he goes missing right before Santa comes, poor guy!



Here is Chris modeling one of his Christmas presents...a do-rag! HAHAHA!


Now looking a little tougher!

and even more tough!

Here I amshowing off a present (thanks Clare!)!

Aren't we CUTE?

This is Jen looking either really happy or scared or maybe both, I don't really know!Me modeling my new jammies...


And here's the footies, aren't they so stinking cute!?!?!?!

By this point I think Chris was ready to go home!

4 comments:

Terin said...

Love the onesie Val. I laughed so hard at the picture of Chris with the do-rag and gun. I think that one should be framed and hung on the wall. Miss you friend!

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

that picture needds to go ASAP!! hideous! i'm sure there will be much more to come on the cruise! revenge will be mine!

Chipsie said...

i love the pic of you in the onesies outside you are too cute!

G Gang said...

Fun times!! I have a really cute picture of Bella kissing Santa. I'll have to forward it to you. It's so cute! We had such a good time that night.