Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Youth Conference

Sorry to all my fellow bloggers for once again being MIA. I've had so much going on that I just haven't had much time to blog so here we go. For those of you who don't know, Chris and I were called by our stake to be in charge of youth conference. It was a total shock and definitely overwhelming but we accepted. With the help of all the stake leaders and an incredible youth committee it all turned out amazing! We had such a great time working with everyone and planning this huge event. Our testimonies were greatly strengthened! Here's just a few of my fav pics. You might get lucky and get to see more but that's it for now. These are mostly of Chris and I and our youth committee.

I want to give a BIG thanks to my friend Kim. I've wanted to start scrapbooking for some time now but was so overwhelmed by the thought until recently. I decided it wouldn't be so bad if I could do it all digitally but once again just didn't really know how to start. Luckily I have a great friend who could show me how to do it. I'm not super creative so hopefully these will get better and better with time but for now, bear with me.

I also need to say thanks to BJ for his contribution. He hooked me up with photoshop and its AWESOME! I couldn't be doing all of the things I wanna do without it. So thanks!

Maybe I'll be a better blogger one day but until then, just be patient and I'll try to post some more pictures soon. LOVES!

13 comments:

The Griffins said...

That's funny right before I read your post I was thinking of how great you scrapbook-you've got the magic touch! Hey could you forward me that picture of Tuck and I from Youth Conference?

Thanks Valerie!

Sherri Romney said...

I did text you. We were in town and wanted to see ya. We will be back on the 12-18th so we'll have to do something. Love ya!

Danielle and Calan said...

Mi madre says de nada :) And Val, i just love your hat!.. You've been holding out on me this whole time, WHAT THE HECK BF!!! You should totally come to class wearing it... with your goggles on ha :)

Sherri Romney said...

Oh and those pics look like a blast by the way!

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

what are the sailor hats about?? probably something the mcraes came up with. blame it on the mcrae's!! see you tomorrow!

The Haynies said...

Hey girl, what crack-a-lackin'... cute blog!

Sheena said...

I love your scrapbooking, so cute I wish I could do that! Haven't seen you to in FOREVER!!! But I heard your going back to school to be a nurse thats AWESOME!

Danielle and Calan said...

Sorry dude i got distracted :( I'm trying to edit them for you and then send em but it's taking longer than i thought but i'll try to send them to you today :)

d.jo said...

I'm sure you guys do a great job with the youth. You would be so fun to have as a leader in charge of the youth conference. That's TONS of work though. I'm glad you've survived! : )

Danielle and Calan said...

I know that's cuz he is the REAL Santa! He couldn't of looked any realer, Val! I just know it was him... I was so excited!!

Danielle and Calan said...

I got a 58. So now my 2 lowest scores are a 57 and a 58. I need to get an 88% on the final to get a B in the class. So yeah hopefully i can. How did you do, Mrs. Straight A's :)

Chipsie said...

Looks like you guys did good! The pix turned out great, how did the frames turn out? You guys are amazing! Wanna come to the trek in 2 weeks?

Sherri Romney said...

I am in town. Call my cell. WE'll do lunch or something