Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Has it really been 3 months!?

I can't believe how long it has been since I've updated this. I wish I had a great excuse, but I don't...just being lazy and a little busy. But I will make up for lost time now. I pretty much just went through all the pictures on my computer from the last time I posted till now and picked a few to share to catch you up with whats been going on.

It seems like forever ago, but in July we got to go and see Wicked. It was SO AMAZING! I had been listening to the soundtrack for a long time and already loved the music but the show was even better than I expected. My brother in law and sister in law Stew and Robyn came down from Utah and went with us, and my sister in law Jen. We of course had dinner first at Oregano's. Here are a few pictures from dinner...

And here's Chris doing what he does best...

Me and Jen before the show.
Here's the stage
This is Robyn so excited for it to start
And me and Chris
Lately I have been really into trying to get my food storage. There is a new store in Chandler that has so much stuff. Its right down the street from my salon so I go when I have a break and need to kill time. I think my favorite thing I have tried from there is their taco "meat"...its a vegetable protein flavored to taste like ground taco meat, and it really does. I've also done a little bit of canning too. Here is some spaghetti sauce and salsa.
We also sold our truck this summer. We bought it when Chris was working in construction and he needed it. Since then, we decided that it was too big and expensive so we wanted to sell it. Chris posted it on Craigslist on a Saturday and sold it on the following Monday. I thought I would be so happy, but I was actually sad to see it go. I still kinda miss it but I know we will have another truck one day.
In August we helped with our wards youth conference. Here is Chris helping with one of the activities. The kids had to jump over the beam that Chris was helping to control.
This is me and my friend Kim at the service project.
Our group was in charge of doing a deep clean of a dance studio owned by a family in our ward. It was so great to see the kids not only willing to clean, but happy to be serving too.

Later in August, I went to Seattle with my sister to visit my brothers. We had so much fun spending time with them and their families. Our trip also overlapped with my parents trip there so we were able to have most of our family together for some of the trip. I took tons of pictures but can't find any of them right now except this one...

We went to the beach one day to take some family pictures together and walked by this wedding. I saw these two standing by each other and whispered to my brother that I hoped this was the father...then they started kissing so I knew it was the groom. We walked far enough away to sneak a picture. It wasn't till I got to blow it up that I noticed her shoes...great for your wedding day or a day of fishing! I laughed pretty hard over it.
This past weekend we went to my parents for conference. We had a great day listening to conference and spending time together. In the late afternoon, we went out and threw a football around and tried to fly a kite (I think it was broken cuz we couldn't get it up at all!). The weather has been so beautiful and it was so nice to be able to go out and play and get some fresh air. I'm so glad that we can enjoy the outdoors again.
Anyway, I will try to post more pictures from Seattle if and when I find them. And I'll try to be better about posting more than once every three months this time. Hope everyone has a fun weekend planned. BYE!!

7 comments:

The Talley Family said...

Welcome back! I really like your new hair style. It looks really good on you. The picture on the beach is awesome!

G Gang said...

yeah, an update. Not that I'm much better. But if we can't hang out i gotta keep up with the mcraes somehow

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

yay for an update! Post pictures of your craft projects so maybe I can copy you!!

Shay said...

So jealous you got to go see Wicked...and the picture of the grandpa, I mean groom and his bride on the beach is awesome! haha

Sherri Romney said...

So fun Val! Will you teach me to can?? I would love to learn how to do that. We will be in town tomorrow! If you and Chris are free maybe you can meet us at the MCC football game. Jakes brother is playing. We will be late but would love to see you!!

M + L said...

About time you updated, you slacker! Haha! Looks like you are one busy girl. I want to see Wicked now. I've heard lots of good things about it. I now that I have my own place I need to get that food storage thing going...you made me want to do it!

Anonymous said...

it's about time!!! glad things are going good for you, i sure miss yer face!! love you!!