Monday, October 12, 2009

Frame makeovers

So lately I have totally been into crafting. And by crafting, I really mean looking at all those crafting blogs out there and wishing I could be friends with some of those crafters out there. I look at the things they do and think, "I could do that" and wonder how they come up with these fabulous ideas. A few weeks ago I bought a few picture frame ledges and bought a bunch of black and white frames to put on them. I got home and arranged them and realized I needed a few more. So the crafter hiding inside of me decided to look and see what old frames I had that might be in desperate need of a makeover and I found these guys...
They aren't horrible but definitely not in the theme of black and white. I wanted all of the frames to be different but still coordinate with each other. I went to Joann's and picked up some scrapbook paper, spray adhesive and paint and was able to transform them into these...

Not too bad for a non-crafter! Now I just need to put pictures in them (and the rest of my new frames for that matter). I will post a picture of all my frames together when I finish putting photos in them.

8 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

good work!! love them! keep posting pics of your crafts so I can copy them!!

The Griffins said...

Valerie that looks so great! Like department store worthy! Way to go.

G Gang said...

Oh yeah, I noticed those this weekend while I was there and was going to tell you there were totally cute. Very impressive.
I also like your ghost & gobblin jars on your counter. I'm going to steal that idea.

The Talley Family said...

I'm so impressed! To answer your question, I live on Gilbert & Brown. We should get together sometime with the old group.

The Talley Family said...

Hey, it's me again. I just noticed someone who commented on you blog- The Griffin. I grew up with BJ when I lived in Cali. I was best friends w/ his sister. That was like 17 years ago! Wow, I'm old.

Luke and Niki said...

Nice work! i love the frames!!I cant wait to see what you can do when u discover Mod Podge!!

M + L said...

VERY CREATIVE! That's so not me...creative, that is...and I may just have to copy you! There's tons of things you can do rather than buying things and spending a ton of money, I just don't have the patience for it. Haha!

Terin said...

Love it! Love you! I saw reeses pumpkins and thought of you and wondered if they are as good as the reeses eggs.