Sunday, March 22, 2009

Surprise, surprise!!

Thank you everyone for your prayers in our behalf with Chris's job situation. He has finally found a new job and we are so excited. He is going to be starting on the 30th, so I think he's sad that he only has one more week off, but he is so happy to have a job again. So thanks again!

Now that its all over, I can tell everyone about Chris's surprise trip. Before he started working again, I wanted to go on a trip. So I called his dad and he agreed to fly us to VEGAS. I had his dad call him to invite us to go flying, so Chris just thought we were going to go up north and have lunch. I packed all our stuff and was able to sneak it on the plane without him noticing.

After we landed, a guy from the airport came to help us get all our stuff out and loaded it up in a van. He asked how long we would be there and Gary told him that it would be overnight. Chris was just totally just going with the flow and never questioned anything, even though his dad had said we would be there over night and we were unpacking luggage. I had to finally tell him that I was in on the whole thing; he still almost didn't believe me. He was totally surprised!

While we were there, we ate TONS of food! We had a buffet dinner at the Belagio and it was so good. I think my favorite thing that I ate was chocolate mousse, SO TASTY!! We also were able to see a show, Le Reve. Its one of the cirque du soleil shows. It was so cool but also kinda weird. We only did a little gambling, $11, and lost all of it. On Friday we did some shopping at the outlet mall but didn't really buy anything exciting. It was so great to get away and even better to be able to surprise Chris like that. Thank you so much, Gary and Debbie, for such a fun trip, we both had a fabulous time!!!



Then the day after we got home, Chris surprised me! I guess we got a coupon in the mail for new phones. We both got new blackberry storms for a smokin deal! They are so cool and I feel like all we have done since we got them is played with them. I still don't know how to even use a lot of the functions, its too fancy for my blood! I'm sure I am going to waste a lot of time with my new toy. Thanks BABY!!

This is what we have looked like since we got our new phones



And here's the phone, doesn't it look cool!?!?!

14 comments:

G Gang said...

Hey, we're looking for new phones also. And when I say we, I mean Jeff. But we saw a deal that was buy 1 get 1 free for a BB Curve. Let me know what you think of it.
That was very sweet of Chris!

M + L said...

Ha ha! You're so funny! I'm the same way when I get something new. Cool phones!

Luke and Niki said...

Oh congrats you guys!! A new job, a trip to Vegas, and new phones!!! You both are so good for eachother. ;)

Sherri Romney said...

Yay for finding a job! I am so glad you guys enjoyed your trip it sounds like it was fun! Especially the food. I ate TONS this past weekend and decided to have one last cheat day yesterday before trying to be good again this week! :) I LOVE your hair...as always.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I'm so glad everything worked out just right. I can totally see him going along with everything but totally confused! i love it!! way to go!

Terin said...

I am so glad you guys found a job! That gives me some hope. And that is so cool that your father-in-law can fly you places. You guys are the most creative couple. Why don't we hang out more?

The Haynies said...

Vegas sounds like you had fun!! lOVE The new phones. congrats on Chris' job... That is good news.
Love ya
Tiff

Sherri Romney said...

Miss you Val!

Danielle and Calan said...

Thanks bf! That means a lot to me what you wrote! You're the best! I can't wait for the day that i can look back at this and laugh... cuz right now everything seems like it just sucks :( But yeah, HF does have another plan for me... too bad i didn't realize it before i forked out the $50 bucks for nothin ;) Anywhoo, I LOVE YOU VAL and thanks again for everything!.. miss you!

Danielle and Calan said...

K so I wrote Tiff and told her to add you so wait for it :) And yeah I'm feeling better today, still sucks, but feeling better. In class last night I was reading a ton of church quotes to help uplift me and it worked, so i def feel better. Thanks for caring Val! Ur the bestest BF eveeeerrrrrrrrrrr!!!

The Haynies said...

Hey I don't have your email so I don't know how to add you with out it. Email me tiffster011@yahoo.com and I will add you to the blog!! Hope you are doing well. As always Love your Blog

Sherri Romney said...

Hahahahaha! Chris got in BIG trouble for that I'll bet! You better think twice before swappin' your womans candy! ;) Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...yeah but living in Maricopa would mean...that we live in Maricopa. Lol, we really like QC though. Maybe YOU should move out HERE! Grats to your man on finding a job!! This job market is a killer, so I am sure it was a hugr relief :)

P.S. Have you lost weight? You look so great!

Sherri Romney said...

You should try them Val, I've seen them on short hair and it looks great. You just have to work your fingers through it with product so that it doesn't stay in ringlets