Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thanks, Dad

Last week my brakes started making weird noises. I was feeling worried about having to take the car in and how much it was going to end up costing me but knew it needed to get done. We've put our extra money into me going back to school so we really don't have much right now. So I called my dad and he was more than happy to help. So be went over Friday night with pizzas and now I'm not afraid to drive anymore.

Here's what my old brake pads looked like compared to the new ones. I know its hard to see but I basically wore them down about as much as posssible without causing more dammage...thank goodnessChris was "Daddy's little helper"
My dad even stayed pleasant the whole time, he didn't even swear once!
So thanks again, Dad. We really appreciate you helping us out and saving us some mulah.

9 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

that was very nice of him! and to not have to pay for it is a big plus! i hope your nap was good yesterday- sleepy head! we will have to go to the movies another night!

mom said...

It's a pleasure to help out, and save some money.
I love it when I can assist my kids, it's more difficult now that we moved far away and it is harder to do my fatherly things.
Soooo i consider it a blessing.
Thank you val for asking and coming out here.
See you in 20 thousand miles.

And the pizza and wings were great.

Love BBB (big brown bear)

poopie said...

Valerie!! I am sooo sorry that I didn't realize that you were blogging so much! I don't know how to track you on this thing like your original blog (which I check everyday by the way). So I appoligize that it looked like I didn't read your crap, well I didn't read it, but I will now! I love you poopie! p.s. tell Chris to back off, I am daddy's litte helper, and he isn't standing and looking pretty right anyways. THATS MY JOB! hehehe

Chipsie said...

that and she is the strong one, the one who can eat hot sauce just like daddy!
i love having dad around, he not only helps out but he then turns it around and makes it look like it was a great blessing. i hope to one day be that kind, you and Sarah are already there, but me still the selfish one! glad the car is driving better, specially when your driving to school so far away!

KP said...

hey val! i like your blog...and of course the dog blog!! :)

Sherri Romney said...

Hahaha I am glad you are still alive!

Luke and Niki said...

Yay for Daddy's!!!

Hey I didn't know you went back to school! What are you studying besides the body? =) That is awesome! I cant wait until Luke is done so I can finish.

Sherri Romney said...

Hey Val,
Yeah, I think time will wizen me up. Maybe. or maybe we will spend the rest of forever getting even with eachother. ;) Question, is Lindsey Brown (cant remember married name) on blogger???

Sherri Romney said...

I know it. We should hang out a bunch when I get back, except I will probably be living in thatcher. Two hours isn't bad tho and I am sure we will come stay with my sister a bunch cause she has that apartment above her house. Then we can play!!!