Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Heart School!

I don't care if you all think I am a geek but I just have to say that I love learning! Although I have WAY less free time on my hands these days, I totally feel re-energized. I think I was feeling kind of "blah-ish" if you know what I mean; like I've just been coasting through life not really doing anything important. But now I'm feeling so pumped up again. No my classes are not easy, but it just feels great trying to figure it all out and putting it all together in my head.

I totally love learning about the human body and how it all works together. We're not learning about the most exciting part right now but it still is so amazing. I can't even begin to imagine how it would have been trying to create it. It is such a huge testimony builder to me. Every single little thing has a purpose and without it, our bodies would not function exactly right. I guess that is the way the gospel works too. Each one of us has a divine roll and if we don't do it, something will not function right. (I was totally not planning on taking this route when I started writing, but I guess this is where my thoughts have taken me.) I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know there is more that I need to be doing so that everything can run smoothly. I can think of several things right off the top of my head. I'm sure you have all heard someone say that if we just knew of the happiness and glory of the after life, that we would live our lives in such a way that nothing would get in the way of that happiness. I wish I had a better concept of all of that.

My challenge to all of you is to find something in your life that you are not happy with or that you know could be improved, and fix it. I'm not asking you to tell me what it is... just do it and wait to see the blessings that come out of it for you. I know the Lord has so much that he wants to give to us, we just need to do our part and live more worthy to be able to receive them.

7 comments:

mom said...

Val, you have just spoken the words that every parent waits to hear from their children! I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work...and continue to build your testimony of the gospel.

G Gang said...

Oh, your mom's comments made me cry.
Anyways, you are making me miss school! I didn't totally enjoy high school but I really enjoyed college once I decided on a major. I'm so happy for you that this is working out. I am a little sad that you have less free time, but you're doing a good thing. 3

Autumn said...

I enjoyed your thoughts. Alot of the time after putting the kids in bed, is when my guilt sets in.
I am always thinking, "Ok I will have more patience tomorrow."
Every night, I always reflect on the day and see how I can improve my daily life, not only for myself but for the family. That's what we are here for. To learn from experiences and how to pull through them and stay strong.

Unknown said...

Of course I remember you. You and Lindsay make me happy! So glad you found me - lets keep up on each other - do you live in the east valley still - cause I dont see you at any of the "Brown" stuff???

Chipsie said...

just one more example of how you are the older sister! i love you! Theresa

Angee said...

Hey baby! I love school too! I loved the way your post went and watching your train of thought take a sharp turn right! It's totally what I needed to read! You're so awesome! Call me sometime so we can hang out! I miss you!

d.jo said...

Hey! Thanks for finding my blog! It's been a while! I hope everything is going well for you! I'm adding you to my blog list so I can keep up with you!