Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Whole Fam Damily


Chris and I spent the past weekend in Pinedale at the McRae Family Reunion. It was so nice to get out of the heat and get to know the family better. There was quite a bit of family that came from the east coast that I had never met before. We had a lot of fun just hangin' out and being goofy. Chris told me that I can be a little "too wordy" in my posting so this time I'll try to just stick to the pictures. There are kind of a lot so I hope you enjoy.

We left on Friday afternoon after I got done with work. After we got there, we ate dinner and hung out for a bit. The fire was built and we made smores. They were so tasty! I decided to make them in foil so the chocolate would melt.

I made some to share but I just wanted to hog it all to myself!!Here is Chris and I around the campfire.After the yummy treats, Chris's cousin's kids, Curtis and Jackson put on a little show for us. They picked 2 people from the audience to join in and of course they picked the fun-est ones, myself and my brother in law TJ. Why is it that the in-laws are the most fun? We spent the rest of the evening playing games and laughing, "YEAH MORMONS"...I guess you had to be there to get that. But trust me, it was pretty funny. After that, we went into Showlow to find a hotel for the night.

The next day, Chris was helping TJ install some granite so I had to drive the orange machine back to the cabin. That thing is so big and hard to maneuver, but I somehow managed...not too bad for my first time. This is me unable to take my eyes off of the road out of total fear of crashing the orange monster.
I spent the morning with Jen. Here we are riding horses. This was my first time, so I got the more gentle one named Rocky. The only reason I remember his name is because its Jen and TJ's dogs name too.

After a few hours, we went back to Showlow to pick up Chris. He was getting pretty bored of watching TJ. After we got back, I lounged around while Chris got the paintball guns cleaned and ready to go. I was the only girl brave enough to go. I was really not wanting to go because I was just too tired but I ended up having a great time!! Thanks, Chris, for guilting me into going.

After dinner that night, we had a Hawaiian themed party. Each of the families were supposed to prepare a skit/talent to share with everyone. I had no idea till just a few hours before hand. Lucky for me, it had already been planned. The McRae boys presented a Hula dance for us. They did such a great job. I was so surprised by Chris's willingness to participate. He hates to dance, but kept a smile on his face the whole time. Here are a few pictures of them. I promise to post the video as soon as I have it.
This is Chris, Uncle Kenny, TJ and Gary.
Me and my studly hula-hubby
Gary can't seem to get enough of grabbing every one's "boobies"

After all of the skits were over, we spent the rest of the night dancing. These are cousins Rustin and Alisa dancing with each other.

While they were dancing, I looked over at Jen, and saw her totally mesmerized by them! I couldn't resist capturing this look of amazement on her face.
And, it would be totally unlike me to not tease her about it. Here's Debbie and I watching in amazement. We couldn't decide if we should be speechless......astounded...

...or just plain and simple disgusted by the dance. HAHAHA!! All in all, it was very amusing.
After all of Chris's Hula Dancing, he didn't want to dance with me, so I had to dance with Jen.

Here is me doing the Limbo. That's about as low as I can go. I guess I'm not as bendy as I used to be.
Here is Chris and I doing what Chris was wanting to do...just sit back and watch. And of course TJ in the background being a goober!!
Tj seems to love trying to be in the background of all our pictures!!

The next morning, we had church. Both Chris and Jen were asked to talk. They both did such a great job and brought tears to my eyes. Even Chris was chocking up, which never happens. I love to see the softer side of him sometimes. He is such an amazing husband and I'm so grateful for the amazing spirit that he brings into our home. We also watched a slide show that Grandma McRae put together about our family history. It was so interesting to see the old pictures and to learn more about the fam. She did such a fabulous job putting it all together .

Here is Uncle Kenny and his son Devin all dressed up for church. Way to wear a tie, Kenny!!
Later that day, we went quading for a bit. Here is Chris waiting for me to hop on. He was so patient with me all weekend and letting me take so many pictures. I just love this one of him, he just has the cutest smile on his face.
Here we are together.

And of course a close up. Chris hates these pictures that we take ourselves, but I always love them!!


The rest of the afternoon was spent lounging around. I really wanna get a hammock for my backyard, if it ever gets landscaped!! Its so nice to lay in as long as there are no little boys trying to jump on and ruin my relaxation. Curtis and Jackson don't quite understand the word NO.This is me with Devin's girlfriend, Lena (I hope I spelled that right.) Lena is very sweet and I'm so glad we got to meet her. Hopefully we will get to see her again soon. Chris and TJ are enjoying the best nap either of them have ever had. They were both ready to go home, I think. I think that's finally about it. I hope I didn't bore you too much...I'm still that little girl in the candy store who can't decide which candy she wants. Except now I just can't choose which pictures I want to post. So rather than sacrifice any of them, I'll just post them all. Hope you have a great day!!

10 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I could not be happier about the 3rd blog!! I also loved the post. We need to get away together more often.

G Gang said...

You know I have to give you a hard time. The Dogg Blogg didn't last very long. It looks like you guys had a fun time this weekend. I wish I could say the same.

Autumn said...

"Great Nap."
"It really was."

Man...Dave and I are losers. We need a new show. Just kidding. I could never do that to my friends!

mom said...

I LOVE it! It's my favorite blog of your two!

Luke and Niki said...

I love both of your blogs!! I am very proud! You guys look so happy! I wish we could get together for a dog play date!! hehe

Autumn said...

I see no "compose tab" that says "edit html". I got the whole copy the link thing a few days ago, but just have not found out where to post it yet. So if you could tell me that part, it would be awesome!! And lets remember who got your own hubby so hooked on Friends. I am the queen of that show...and will remain to be because I too am a freak! Dave and I joke how we could live our days just quoting Friends all day long and still get across what we are really trying to tell each other.
We are sad, but love it!!

Autumn said...

Val, i have nothing like that above the word "preview" on mine. I am not sure how my would be different than yours. However, I did get it finally. Way easier than I think how either one of us were trying to do.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

Hey I am going to send an e-mail out but TJ's b-day is next Tuesday so we are going to dessert at our house at 6:00. If you can make it that would be great. It will be TJ's friends so we'd love to have you guys come as well. Just let me know if you can! Thanks
Jen

Sheena said...

Hey Val how are ya?! Glad to see you have a blog since I never see you! We should get together sometime cause you guys are awesome!! Tell Chris I said whats up

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I will try that! I knew it stayed curled but i couldn't figure out how you did it. p.s. in those pictures I love the blond in my hair. now I am not sure about going dark!! ahhh... i hate myself. what do you think?