Sunday, August 24, 2008

Whats been going on with me

I've had a pretty busy week so I haven't posted anything new in a while. So I guess I need to catch everyone up to speed with whats been going on. Last weekend, Chris and I met up with my family to go eat at the Chinese cultural center. There is a pretty yummy buffet there where we stuffed ourselves with all sorts of good stuff. Here are a few pics of us goofing around...

Here is Chris and my dad. Isn't Chris so cute making his "ouchie" face?!?!Here's the 2 of us. I don't know why I didn't get a group picture, I know my mom did so I don't know how I didn't.
After we ate, I was so stuffed. I wanted to take a picture that looked like I was throwing up. And of course it took me a few tries...

But I finally think I got a good one. Sorry its kinda gross, but what did you expect from me?
After dinner, Chris and I went to go see the new Batman movie. It was done so well and Heath Ledger was AMAZING. I would have never known it was him by just listening to his voice. It seriously didn't sound like him at all. Even to look at him, it would have taken me a while to figure out it was him. It was very fun to go out on a date with Chris.

I don't have any more pictures, but lots of stuff to share with you, so sorry for wordiness...Chris said that I can be too wordy on here and I need to stick to pictures so I don't bore everyone. But I guess you will have to deal with it today.

So the biggest thing that is new it that I have decided to go back to school. I have always thought that I wanted to, but for a long time I felt that it was too late for me and that it would be too hard to go to school and work to be able to pay our bills. Until a few weeks ago, my friend Kristen's mom came in to get a haircut. She is a nursing teacher at MCC (I think). Anyway, I got talking to her and totally felt like it was something I could do. So I thought about it for a few days, and the more I thought, the more excited I got about it. I finally talked to Chris about it, and I think he thought I was crazy at first...he is always so jealous that I get to make my own schedule and that I have so much control over myself and job. But of course, he is a great husband and has been so supportive of my decision since I told him. Its not that I don't love doing hair, because I do, but I'm just feeling like I have more talents to offer.

So on Tuesday, I went to Chandler-Gilbert CC to see what I needed to do to get started. I met with an advisor who told me that I need 3 of the 4 prerequisites classes that I needed to apply for the nursing program. He also told me that there was very limited seating in all of the classes and went on to tell me that I will need to come very early to register for classes for the next semester as they fill up very quickly. So feeling very discouraged, I got on a computer to see if I could at least do 1 class to get going, and miraculously, all the classes I needed were open and were on my days off. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I knew right away that the Lord was opening a door for me. It truly amazes me how easily things have fallen right into place, even though this was such a last minute decision. I know this will be a tough semester for me, but I know that its what I am supposed to be doing. Heavenly Father definitely opened the door so I have decided to jump right in. I haven't decided if I am more nervous or excited, it kind of comes in waves. But I know that with the Lords help, I can do anything. I also want to thank all of you who have already shown me so much love and support. I'm so grateful for all you guys do for me. I truly have the best family and friends cheering me on! Expecially Chris, who has been so supportive and has helped me get the ball rolling on this whole thing. I can't even tell you how many times he has told me how proud of me that he is in the last week or so. I am so grateful to have him in my life and hope he knows how much I love and appreciate him.

Sorry for all the mushiness, I think its all out now. On to lighter things. After I got registration all done, I went over to Jen and TJ's house to celebrate TJ's bday. Jen made some delicious chocolate fondue and I ate till I was stuffed. We got to take some leftovers home and it is so good! I keep going in the fridge and dipping my finger in it. Its more like fudge when its cold. I am seriously considering going downstairs right now for some more!

I took yesterday (Saturday) off to celebrate my last weekend of freedom before school starts. Chris and I went to MCC so I could register for my last class because it wouldn't let me do it online. So we were there for a while waiting in line to get everything done. Then we went to eat at Chili's and then went to see Hancock. We used to go to movies all the time but very rarely do anymore, so it was fun to do it 2 weeks in a row. It was lots of fun to spend the day together even though we ran lots of errands while we were out. While we were in the movie, my friend Angee called to see if we wanted to come over to watch some movies with them. So we did and had a great time with them. We watched Vacancy, which was very creepy and both Chris and I were pretty freaked out. And then watched Fight club. We were both so exhausted when we got home.

Today we went to Jen and TJ's ward to go hear them talk. They both did a such a great job. After that we went to Laurie's for dinner to celebrate TJ's bday. It was so yummy, especially since I didn't have to cook it. I guess I did make a tomato and cucumber salad. I bought an avocado to go with it, but it mysteriously disappeared. I seriously can't find it anywhere. It must have gotten left at the store. After we ate, we played a few games and ended the night playing with sparklers that we found in Chris's old room. What a fun way to finish up the night.

We came home and I tried to figure out my internet class and now here I am blogging. I hope I didn't bore you too much with my lack of pictures. I'll try to be better about that in the future. I'm sure you wont be hearing from me much in the next few months though so just be grateful!! I think I'm going to be pretty busy, so please bear with me. Hope you all have a great week and I'll blog ya later!!

5 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

It's so hard to keep the pictures updated. TJ thinks I'm vain because I take so many pictures of us but it's because i need to blog them. Thanks for coming yesterday and keeping me entertained while I was freaking out. see you tonight!

Autumn said...

Who cares if you don't have pictures. And who cares if you write a lot. If people don't want to read it then it doesn't matter. What matters is that you are acutally journaling your lives together. I will admit pictures make things more entertaining, but I am someone who would rather read a childrens book than a novel. But I enjoy reading about you guys.
And that is such great news about your schooling!! It is so important! I can't wait until the day our kids are in school during the day, so that I can go take classes. Not sure in what field, probably won't graduate, but I will atleast take some fun classes just to keep my mind from dying.
And it is good to have something like that to hold against your kids. "I went to school, so you have to!"
Proud of you guys!

The Griffins said...

how fun I didn't know you had a blog and it's so cute! I'm going back to school too so I know exactly how you feel. It's only been about two years but I feel like it's been longer and it'll be awhile before I can feel like I know what I'm doing again. anyway check us out. Later Val!

G Gang said...

You've been busy!!! But some how you still found time to come visit me - I'm feel special.
You'll do great in school. And don't let this first day discourage you!!!

G Gang said...

Oh, AND, the throw up pictures are pretty gross. But like you said, could we expect anything less from you?