Sunday, August 17, 2008

More Youth Conference

As you probably already know, Chris and I helped out with youth conference with our ward last week. I have been meaning to post more pictures from it all week and just haven't done it yet. I do have to apologize for the overload of pics. I have a TON of them and there are so many cute ones but I tried to just pick out my favs. I didn't have my camera the whole time so I know there were some great pictures that I don't have, like Chris sword fighting. He totally kicked butt. But it's probably a good thing for all of you though, just fewer that you have to go through.

I just have to say I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I had to go to youth conference. I seriously had such a great time and enjoyed spending time with the youth. They are just so amazing and have such strong spirits. I felt their testimonies the whole time I was there. I see so many kids who are already getting themselves into so much trouble, so it is so refreshing to hang out with such a great group of kids. It makes me think that maybe I can have kids of my own someday! I'm totally looking forward to going to the stake youth conference in November. Chris and I are the chairpersons so we will have a big part of it, and I can't wait!
Here we are eating our "bad breakfast" for loosing. It was just plain oatmeal. It really wasn't too bad, I actually enjoyed it.
Here we are getting ready to go ice skating.
The girl in the red sweatshirt is Hillary. This is about what she looked like the whole time. She just couldn't stay on her feet. She had a great attitude, especially with everyone enjoying her falls as much as we did. :)
This is me with Collette and Kourtney showing off our sweet moves.
This is me and Allie right after falling. Allie has a sweet video of this fall. I'll try to get it from her to show all of you. Here are our sweet moves once again.
This was the next morning at the service project. You can see how excited everyone is!
This is Candice really straining over a tough weed.Here's my sexy hubby workin' away.
This is Sam and Savannah. They just moved into our ward from my mom's ward in Tolleson. What a small world!
Here is Chris with his new buddy. This scarecrow had actually fallen down and I helped to repair it. Here's a few of the girls in front of the pile of weeds that were pulled. It was a pretty amazing accomplishment, as you can see.
Right after the service project. We went over to play mud football. There was too much water though, so the football didn't last very long. We spent more time just playing in the mud. I had fun but I was so happy to get it all off of me.Here is Chris looking o so tough!
The rest of us who didn't want to play football.
After that, we went to the Bremmer's house to go swimming in their beautiful pool. I don't have many pictures of this because I was in the pool the most of the time. But here are a few from the game they were playing. Its kinda like limbo but you had to jump over the rope without hitting it. Here's what its supposed to look like...
...but not so much like this.
Here's a few who didn't want to join in on the game

That's all for now. I hope I didn't bore you too much with so many pictures. I just can't choose only a few, I'd much rather share lots of them.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

That looks like it was so much fun! And who gets to go ice Skating for Youth Conferencein AZ?!
I have never been. Sometime.
That pool game looked like fun also, only I think I would break the diving board with how hard I would have to jump to go against gravity to fly myself into the air that high!

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I wish my leaders were young and cool when I was growing up. I got stuck with the old people who didn't know how to have any fun!

mom said...

Looks like you had a great time. The youth are so lucky to have you and Chris as leaders! I was surprised to see the link to this blogspot on my blog list....did you have anything to do with that? THANK YOU! Love you lots.

G Gang said...

Thanks for posting pictures. As you know, I miss working with the youth and jump at the chance to pretend I'm a teenager again (youth dances). You guys will do great in November.