Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself

I'm sure we have all heard that when we do something dumb or embarrassing that we should just laugh at ourselves......and that's exactly what I did this morning! For the last month or so, my good friend Katie and I have been riding bikes together. This morning we were riding and this stupid car was following right behind us and just wouldn't pass us! so I kept trying to get closer and closer to the edge of the curb until I was just maybe a few inches away. I looked back (ya, real smart to look back when you're on a bike) to see where the car was and where Katie was and then it happened! My bike wheel hit the edge of the curb just enough to totally knock me off my bike! Yep, and 25 years old, I still can't seem to ride a bike without falling! Luckily I just fell into some grass and the only thing hurt was my ego. To make things worse, I had just passed by a girl from my ward with her 3 kids, so they saw the whole thing. I definitely got a good laugh out of it though. Katie and I were laughing about it for almost the whole time after that. I'm so glad she was there to witness it. And I hope you all can get some sort of joy from my little mishap.



In other news, I finally got into a nursing program, YAY!!! I will be starting in January at Gateway Community College. I am so excited, nervous, scared, happy and overwhelmed all rolled into one. I know it is going to be so awesome but the next 2 years are going to be extremely busy for me....but totally worth it. I have been on a waiting list for a year and a half already and haven't even really taken any classes since last summer. So now I have to just jump right back in and hopefully I will get my school groove back quickly. So I apologize in advance.....if you thought I didn't update enough already, just wait and see how bad it gets once January hits!



Also, Chris and I were called to serve in the Gila Bend branch in our stake. Chris is the 2nd counselor in the branch presidency and I am the primary president. Even though we have only been out there for about a month, we already love it and are loving the members there. I have felt the spirit more strongly in my life and can feel Chris and I growing closer to each other and progressing more spiritually. I have felt both humbled and overwhelmed by this calling. We are both so grateful for this opportunity to serve!

Well, if you made it through all that wordiness, congrats! And sorry for the lack of pictures. Maybe I will get my camera out so next time you all will have something more interesting to look at.

9 comments:

d.jo said...

Wow! He's in the branch presidency? He's so young! And you're the Primary PRESIDENT? Holy cow, you guys are busy, but I'll bet you're doing a FANTASTIC job!

It's too bad that you didn't get your biking "incident" on video, I'd love to rewind & replay that over & over. : ) Glad you're not injured, too.

It's about time you updated, too. I think it's been about as long as the Chileans were stuck in the mine since you updated--seriously, your last post was about the time they got stuck & they're being rescued today. What a weird coincidence....

Okay, I'll quit commenting now.

G Gang said...

Oh my gosh. I saw your post title on my blog sidebar and totally started laughing. Then I remembered I forgot to tell Jeff about what happened.
I'm glad I was there and more glad you weren't hurt... and even more glad it wasn't me! (just kidding!)

Shay said...

O MY GOSH, THAT CRACKS ME UP VAL! I am cracking up just picturing it! CONGRATS AGAIN ON NURSING SCHOOL! Loves!

The Talley Family said...

Awesome story!! It's always better when someone is w/ you to laugh with you. Sounds like you are going to be a busy girl.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

you're too funny!! it's about time! next time I will require pictures.

Terin said...

That is an excellent bike story. You have no fear sharing that with everyone, that is one of the many things I love about you.

I had no idea you guys were in those callings! WOW!!!! I am sure you guys are doing so well and glad you get to experience it. You make one HOT primary president. and YAY for nursing school. That is amazing. Good luck with everything. You must be incredibly busy. Miss you!

The Griffins said...

Primary President! Saw that coming :)

Miss you!!!!!!

M + L said...

Primary President?! WOW! I like your attitude about your willingness to serve. I feel the same way. And CONGRATS on getting into nursing school!!! YAYYY!!! That is so awesome! I know it takes FOREVER for people to get in so I'm sure you are ecstatic :) PS My ankle gives out on me and I fall ALL THE TIME, I even fell once in front of my boss. Humiliating. HAHA!

Chipsie said...

you both are amazing!!