Friday, February 27, 2009

Romantic dinner by the fire

Yesterday, after I got home from school, Chris all of a sudden wanted to go CAMPING. We decided to go and packed up a tent, sleeping bags and some food to cook for dinner, as quickly as we could. We headed out toward Gila Bend, just about a half hour from our house. We didn't get there till after dark so started our fire as soon as we got there. We cooked up a yummy dinner of steak and potatoes. While we were sitting by the fire, we decided that setting up a tent would be too much work for such a short amount of time. We had done the most important parts of camping so after a few hours of ENJOYING the fire, we packed up and went home to our own bed. It was so fun to get away from the norm and do something different together.

8 comments:

Autumn said...

That is funny! I would have asked Dave to just help me get the tent up and he would have lost all motivation by then. SO we wouldn've ended up going home as well. Makes for a good story!
If you guys ever want to go camping on a weekend in our neck of the woods (and you're ready to do it with our 4 kids as well) then call us up!

G Gang said...

That sounds like so much fun!!

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

you guys are so funny! That is so TJ. I think I have corrupted him by enjoying the comforts of life. Looks like it was fun though!

Danielle and Calan said...

You guys are too cute! I miss you, Val Val! :(

Sherri Romney said...

How FUN! You built a lovely fire and I LOVE the pictures! The only campouts we've had are in our living room. :) I miss you Val.

Sherri Romney said...

I love that you went home and slept in your own bed. You guys are true campers! Like me!!! :)

Terin said...

That is so great. You guys are always so creative with your dates. I'm a little jealous to tell you the truth. Maybe one day Chris and I will do something other than dinner and a movie!

The Haynies said...

That's awesome! We need to be more spontaneous like you guys! Great memories! Everyone needs a bit of time for themselves away from the hustle and bustle of the normal routine.