Friday, January 23, 2009

Catch up

Once again, I have to apologize for the lack of posting. I feel like there has been lots going on, but nothing exciting. So far our new year has been good. For those of you who don't know, Chris lost his job in December so we have been able to enjoy some extra time together, it has been so great! Since that happened, our TV broke, our laptop died, our truck needs repairs. Whoever said "when it rains, it pours" really knew what they were talking about. All in all, I still feel that we are so blessed!

This week I started back at school. I think it's going to be a tough semester, but hopefully it will go by fast. And I don't know when it happened, but all of a sudden I'm old! I seriously think I'm the oldest person in a couple of my classes. One guy I met graduated 5 years after I did, that means he was not even in high school when I graduated! In all honesty I know I'm still young, but I'm just not feeling as young as I used to. I feel like I was always one of the youngest in my classes because of my late birthday. All of a sudden, I'm not anymore. Its very sad for me.

Yesterday was our 4 year anniversary! I just can't believe it has been that long. I remember shortly after we were married, my obnoxious boss at the time would tell me that after years of marriage, things would be different. When I was so excited to go home and see Chris, she would say things like, "just wait till you have been married for 20 years!" implying that we wouldn't be as happy as we were at the time. Although we still have a long time to go, I feel like she couldn't be more wrong! I love Chris more and more every day! Especially with all this extra time we have had together since the job loss, Chris and I are happier than ever!

We were also able to go see Lion King yesterday. It was AMAZING. I just love how creative they were when they designed all of the costumes and the singing was incredible. I would totally watch in all over again right now if I could! I love going to see musicals and I hope one day Chris will love it as much as I do!

I apologize for the lack of pictures today. Once my laptop is fixed I'll post some more. So until that happens, be patient! If I can do it, so can you!

3 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I still wish we could have gone with you guys!! someday you will have to go again and then call me to go! how was the hike?

Danielle and Calan said...

Happy Anniversary! :) I love you Val! And i miss you tons! Class is just not the same... i HATE it with you not there! :( And you're not old! You're hott and that's all that matters (Chris would agree with me:))! I LOVE YOU BF!!!!!!!!!

P.S You should switch to the night class with me, cuz there's lots of old people in there... you wouldn't feel old at all! :)

P.S.S Does the guy that graduated 5 years after you happen to be single and hott and looking for a righteous hottie like me, by chance? Ha jk ;)

Sherri Romney said...

I am so glad you are SO happy!! It makes me smile. I'm sorry bout the job loss and the TV and laptop and truck, but it sounds like the extra time together has been worth it! Love you girl!
Sher