Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our Day at the ZOO...and other happenings!

Chris and I had such a fun Saturday! One of my most favorite clients, Debbie, invited me to her son's first birthday party at the zoo. Its been such a long time since I've been so it was so much fun for me...although I did feel a little weird being one of the only ones without kids. I swear, we were surrounded! I guess its the thing to do when you have kids...go figure. I told Chris that when he is a stay at home dad that we will probably have memberships and he can go with all the other moms. He didn't mean to mind that idea too much :)

When we got to the zoo we had lunch with the birthday boy, and of course some cake. My friend Nicole, who I used to work with, was also there. I haven't seen her in over a year so it was so great to catch up with her. Hopefully it wont be so long till the next time. After that we walked all over the zoo looking at the animals. We were so excited to see them, but they didn't seem to want to reciprocate the excitement. There were quite a few that we couldn't see because they were either in hiding or so far away. It was a little disappointing, but all in all, still a great time. We even ran into my friend from school...what are the chances?! It was probably the most exercise either of us has done in a while.


Later that night, we went to a free Lifehouse concert in celebration of Founders Day in Maricopa. Maricopa rarely has anything exciting going on, so we were especially excited! After we got there, I ran in to my friend Kim from girls camp. This chick is crazy fun so I was so excited to see her. There were also a bunch of girls from church there. Most of them were too cool to hang out with us....all but Rimini!!

Trying to take self portraits is not always successful, but I still like these pictures, especially the one of Chris picking his nose. I hope he doesn't get too mad that I posted all of these. The one on the top with my face cut off has fireworks in the background. I wanted a better one but Chris was tired of me trying so I had to settle for having my face cut off.
Here is me with Rimini (who by the way would not be very happy to see this picture but I just couldn't resist) and then one with Kim. This is Kim with her family minus one. Her boys were so sweet and even though they don't know me, they were still willing to snuggle up with me, probably just to keep warm, but I don't care...I'll take what I can get!

PS. Aren't you all so excited about this cool weather?! I'm totally loving it and being able to sleep with the windows open once again! Hope you all have a great week, later skater!!

15 comments:

mom said...

Sounds like a fun week-end for you guys. Hopefully next week-end, celebrating your own birthday, will be as exciting....maybe we should go to the zoo! I loved the pictures....it was neat how you put them in postcard form. And YES, the weather is GREAT. We have slept with our window open too. I love it! Have a great week.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

i am so jealous you got to go to the concert for free! and the zoo- who doesn't love the zoo...although it's alot of walking!

Sherri Romney said...

So much fun to have the zoo and a concert and i LOVE your red hair! Man, can we do some funky makeover on me when I move home. I miss fun hair. SO BAD!

Danielle and Calan said...

Ur birthday is gonna be here soon! YAY!!!!!!!!!! HURRAY!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Sherri Romney said...

Ya girl I am going to FREEZE! But We love hangin' with Dawn and her man so it should be fun. She has all the camping stuff and we are making breakfast for them so it should be pretty fun! After talkin to my fam we prob won't have any free time next weekend. Everyone has something going on the whole time and Jake wants to golf for his bday. But it is only TWO MONTHS till I am home already! Isn't that crazy??? Yay for Arizona!

Sherri Romney said...

Yikes! I would be so freaked out if I had a black widow outside my house, dead or alive!!! My gosh girl, did Chris spray again??? I would make Jake spray again for sure! Hahaha!

Danielle and Calan said...

Lucky! I LOVE momma's good cookin! :) And Nope i didn't... I kno ES NO BUENO! :(

G Gang said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I particularly like the picture of the elephant bum. I think I have that same exact picture of that same exact elephant.

Danielle and Calan said...

Yes yes that i kno... ha :) You have a good weekend too and you better keep stickers where they belong from now on ok? :) Did you tell Chris about that? lol. Oh and i got my license back today! YIPEEEE!!!! Love ya BF!

Danielle and Calan said...

Hey thanks for letting me kno... that jus made me super happy cuz i got a B :) WHAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOO!!! Hope you did good too... but you always do good so that's a give in :) Happy church tomorrow... drum roll please... ... and BIRTHDAY!!! YAY :)

Danielle and Calan said...

Go to bed :)

Danielle and Calan said...

Good luck on your test tomorrow bf! And i also wanted to say thanks for being my bf :)

Danielle and Calan said...

...now u kno why i don't do to swell on my tests... i blog too much! :( I just can't help it :)

Danielle and Calan said...

Hey chica can u walk today? ha :) When i push on my hamstrings they feel sore, but thats about it :( Can't wait till Tuesday! And get that skeleton up on the blog i wanna see it! GEEZ!!!

Danielle and Calan said...

HAPPY HALLOWEENY BF!!!