Sunday, October 5, 2008

Catch Up

I haven't blogged in a while so I guess I need to catch you all up. This week started out as normal...work, school... you know the routine. There are 2 girls in both of my classes at Chandler-Gilbert. As I started studying during my long break, they invited me to go home with them. So I took the opportunity to get away from school for a bit to hang out with them. It was so much better than what I had planned. It was so great to get to know both of them a little better and meet their families. They are sisters and both live on the same street. They are also planning on applying for the nursing program. I'm so excited to have 2 new friends to be able to go through school with!

On Friday night, we went to the Beecrofts (a family in our ward) for a young men's leadership dinner. They invited all of the young men's leaders, bishopric and spouses over for dinner, dessert and games. We had a great time and learned some pretty funny things about everyone who was there. I made cheesecake to share and I think I finally have it almost perfect. I think one more minor change till its just right.


Yesterday morning, my friend Katie gave birth to a tiny old man...at least that's what he looks like. After work, I was able to go to the hospital for a few hours to meet him. I always forget how small newborns are! He is so sweet and seems to have a great temperament...he didn't really cry at all the whole time I was there. We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to spoil Trevor!

After the hospital, I met up with my sister Theresa and we had Cafe Rio. It was such a delicious way to spend time with my sis! I think because we stayed to talk so long and my food was sitting right in front of me, I ate the whole thing and was so stuffed...totally worth it though!!

Well, I need to wrap it up. I'm sure I already lost Chris, and if he is still reading, then I'm very impressed, GOOD JOB BABY! Be sure to check out the Dogg Blogg to see the newest post. It has been so neglected with me being so busy now :( Sorry for the lack of pictures, but here's some of Chris and I being goofy before going to the leadership dinner to satisfy you a bit.

I love this one of Chris trying to be sneaking about peeking at me. His face is so stinking cute!!! See Jen, Chris can be pretty goofy!
Here we are with our HAPPY face.
And my favorite of them all....Chris was done!!

Don't you like the sock on the back of the couch?!?!? I promise its a clean one :)

10 comments:

mom said...

I love it when I can be the first to comment on your blog!
Love you latest entry. Sounds like you're making lots of new friends at school. Dinner with Theresa sounds like it was fun too. I like it when you guys get to spend time together. I miss living closer to you guys. Love the pictures of you and Chris...you two are so crazy! Also, love the new background. I'm anxious to get high speed so I can change mine now and again. Well, I'm on my way to the dogblog.
See ya, love ya, BYE.

M + L said...

Ha! I wouldn't have noticed the sock if you didn't say anything! That cheesecake looks DELICIOUS! Did you seriously make that? WOW! So glad you're going to school. Believe me, there will be times where you want to quit, but don't give up! It's worth it!!

Angee said...

I want to eat that cheesecake right off the plate! YUM! We need to hang out again! I need my Valerie Fix! Love ya!

Sherri Romney said...

Sure Val...I am so sure that it was a CLEAN sock... Haha! No but I am so glad you posted pics. Your hair is hot. Really. I chopped four inches off mine, it barely brushes my shoulders now and I am so sad, but give me a week and I will love it! I am dying to try your cheese cake. We will have to do recipie nights when I move home. For real, I love to cook but I am terrible and need practice!

KP said...

hahha! love those picture. and YUM to that cheesecake, wow--i'm impressed! So you need to look at my blog because it shows a pic of how i want my new cut. when i get mulah. i will call. :)

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

the next time we meet remind me to tell you about the dream I had of us. interesting?!?!?!

Chipsie said...

It was a great way to spend a weekend dinner with the Booskie! I love you!

Sherri Romney said...

K so, best case scenario, we will be there Thursday night, the 23rd, and won't leave till sunday so that leaves LOTS of time to plan a dinner date or something. Worst case we won't leave till Friday night and then Saturday is my family party. Jakes birthday is Friday so we wanted to go golf...do you golf?? So sometime Friday that is the plan, either here or in Az. Well, I REALLY hope I get to see you!
Sherri

Sherri Romney said...

Ha ha ya i know, snow is fun for a bit but I am sure December will be oh so welcome! I can't wait for winter in the fifties and sixties! I went and bought belle a sweater cause she was shaking like a leaf when we got back from the park. Buddy already has coats from Halloween costumes. You should have seen those two curled up in front of the fire tonight. They got in front of it and just sat there and stared. Neither of them have ever seen a fire. Buddy has seen snow once and they both HATE it. But I love it for now. I get my winter wonder land for the time being. ;)

Danielle and Calan said...

Hey hey hey hey! I like what you wrote about your 2 new bff's :) And jus so you kno, i'm super excited to have you to go through school with too :)
I can't believe we ran into each other yesterday... that was so crazy and oh so cool! I'll show you my zoo pics if you show me yours :) And believe me u gotta see this one... ha, it's a good one :)
And once u perfect your cheese cake you gotta give me your recipe! But i don't want it until it's perfected ;)
Love ya girl... see ya Tues.